Admitted to the Bar
University of South Dakota Knutson School of Law
- Juris Doctor—2022
- University of Arizona, Tuscon, AZ
- B.A. Political Science—2012
Academic and Work Honors and Awards
- South Dakota—2023
- United States District Court for the District of South Dakota—2023
Admitted to Practice
- High Grade – Advanced Torts
- Antitrust & Consumer Protection research paper published in national trade publications
- Previous Work Awards include:
- 4x Premium Service Provider Designation by Apple
- State of South Dakota
- United States District Court for the District of South Dakota
Professional Memberships and Associations
- Legal Intern—2021 Goodsell + Oviatt Law Firm
- Joined Goodsell + Oviatt Law Firm—2022
- Attorney Concentration—Bad Faith, Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice
Special Interests and Activities
- State Bar of South Dakota—2023
- Pennington County Bar Association—2023
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers—2023
- Arizona Basketball
Sam is an associate with Goodsell + Oviatt Law Firm and graduated from the University of South Dakota Knudson School of Law in 2022 with a Juris Doctor degree. Having previously interned at the Firm, Sam returned full-time after graduation.
Blending academic studies and work experience, Sam complemented his B.A. degree in Political Science from the University of Arizona with internships for United States Senator John Thune, former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, the South Dakota State Senate, and the former Mayor of Tucson, Jonathan Rothschild. After graduating, Sam continued using his organizational communication skills as office manager for former Governor of Nebraska and United States Senator, Bob Kerrey.
Having a knack for problem solving and technology, Sam worked in several information technology related positions prior to entering law school at University of South Dakota in 2019. These positions included managing an award-winning service department for Apple and working as an on-site implementation specialist for a large financial services firm. The experiences developed a dynamic skill set that is now extremely valuable in case analysis and communication with clients. Sam knows that clients need a lawyer who can analyze a path forward and find solutions for their legal problems.
A Rapid City native, Sam graduated from Stevens High School in 2007. Continuing his education and work in Tucson, Arizona, Sam also worked in Utah and Nebraska, and in addition traveled throughout North America. After saving up enough funds to attend law school without incurring any debt, Sam enrolled at the University of South Dakota’s Knudson School of Law, after which he returned to the Black Hills to hone his legal skills in the areas of Bad Faith, Personal Injury, and Medical Malpractice.
In addition to his expansive education and work experiences, Sam possesses a wide interest in many unique activities. An avid weightlifter, Arizona basketball fanatic, cinéaste, New York Times puzzle solver (Sunday edition only), Sam also is an artisanal bread and pastry maker.
Goodsell + Oviatt Law Firm is proud to have Attorney Sam Strommen on board. We think that his varied and excellent skill set will be a great asset to the Firm and clients.